There are many snowboarders that like to longboard in the off-season. The Arbor Axis Longboard is perfect for these hobbyists because the company designed it to simulate the snowboarding experience. The board itself if 40 inches and made out of various wood materials sourced sustainably. This may indicate that the material is low quality to some people but that is far from the case. The longboard is sturdy and durable. But compared to other boards, the price for this model is in the higher price range. So is this board worth it? Let’s find out by going into the main features, specs, as well as the pros and cons.
Arbor Axis Longboard – Main Features
The first thing you’ll notice about this longboard is its beautiful design. It has a very west coast retro feel that is pleasing to the eye. It also has a nice wood finish that adds to its classic look. Now when it comes to longboards, they typically specialize in freestyle, downhill, or cruising. The longer ones like this model are great for cruising and downhills. It seems like the manufacturers focused on a quality board that offered strong performance. This model is clearly not for extreme riders that have a high standard and are looking for a board that offers best possible performance.
- Dimensions of this model is 40 x 8.75 x 30.5 inches
- It’s equipped with ABEC 5 bearings.
- A pair of Paris 50° 180mm trucks are attached.
The longboard ships as is and does not come with anything else. It will be shipped with packing material to prevent damage like nicks, bumps and scratches during transit.
This is a board that is loved by enthusiasts and causal riders for many reasons. Here are the main pros of the board:
- Although the material is made from different woods, the finish is beautiful and sturdy. You may also appreciate that it’s made from sustainable material if you are a eco-friendly consumer.
- As mentioned earlier, it aims to provide a snowboard-like feel. It won’t replicate the exact feeling as it is stiffer. But many riders feel like this board is the closest thing you get to the snowboarding experience on hard surfaces.
- The bearings and wheels provide a smooth ride right out of the box. If you’re planning on using this on the weekends or even to your stroll to work, you will get a lot of value out of this board.
- The longboard is quite durable. You shouldn’t dismiss it just because it is composed of different woods. Of course, it should be used for its main purpose and shouldn’t be used for big jumps and freestyle.
- This design of the board is simply aesthetically pleasing. The vivid colors on the bottom and the custom style finish really make it look like a premium board.
- It seems that the wheels perform really well on paved surfaces. This is accentuated more when going downhill.
- According to several customers, the board was fine for both adults and teens. It wasn’t too big and was comfortable to ride for both age groups.
Like every other longboard, there are a few cons that you should be aware of:
- A few customers did feel like it had some resemblance of the snowboarding experience but not enough. They wished that it was more flexible.
- At the price point, you’d expect it to come with better bearings. The bearings are not the fastest around, so don’t expect a speedy board.
- A few riders felt that the wheels right out of the box weren’t of the highest quality. They felt a drag on flat surfaces and felt like the ride could’ve been smoother. Many recommend that you purchase upgrades for this board.
- Some people felt that the grip tape installed on the board didn’t provide enough of the grip they were looking for. Keep in mind that this will affect the control and comfort while riding the board.
- The arbor axis longboard is ideal for cruising. The shape of the board allows it to adjust very well to wherever you shift your bodyweight to.
- It’s really perfect for downhills. The wheel and bearings that come with it are not too fast. So if you want a more controlled speed when you’re going down, you’ll appreciate the restraint it provides.
- Many customers have used this longboard to commute short distances without issues. This means it performs well on concrete as well as paved roads.
What Users Say
For the most part, customers loved the quality of the material and the design. They enjoyed how the longboard rode. It was stable, smooth, had good handling, and had decent speed. Many of the customers that rode the board on flat surfaces and downhills had no problems. It is important to note that this board wasn’t designed to be versatile. It should not be used for freestyle or vert skateboarding. You can clearly tell by the fact that there isn’t any kickstand.
Again, the only minor complaint about the Arbor Axis Longboard is that a few users felt that the wheels and bearings were not smooth and fast enough. They recommended that users buy premium parts and install them for optimum performance.
Overall, The price tag is justified if you’re looking to spend the extra money on a quality longboard. But for the price, the manufacturers should have definitely included higher performance wheels and bearings but these parts can be affordably replaced.
Last update on 2021-05-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API