The Green Woody Atom 41-Inch Drop Through Longboard is the perfect ride for those commuting longer distances or carving downhill at high speeds. When you are spending a considerable amount of time on your board, you want a deck, trucks, and wheels that provide stability and comfort. The ultra-low deck gives any skill rider more control of the board at high speeds. All in all, this is an ideal choice for making your way downhill.
Those riders who use the longboard to commute to work and school or ride it frequently around campus appreciate being able to go longer distances with less pain. Being lower to the ground, this longboard takes the wear and tear out of pushing around town. Not having to lower your core to be able to push off the ground will benefit those using the longboard for extended periods of time.
Main Features of the Atom Drop Through Longboard
This longboard will be able to survive crashing into curbs and still come out fine. The board can flex and is very lightweight, meaning less fatigue if carrying and able to easily make those cuts effortlessly.
Due to the lightweight construction of the deck, it can survive serious crashes without getting a scratch. Unlike heavier boards that sustain serious damage after a crash, the Atom 41 Inch Drop Through Longboard bounces right back and is ready for the next challenge.
Atom Drop Through Longboard Technical Specifications
- Weight: 9 pounds / 4 kg
- Warranty: N/A
- Dimensions: 41.7 x 4.7 x 10.6 inches
- Reverse King Pin longboard trucks
- Full maple laminate deck
- 70mm 78a wheels
- Wheels are soft, grippy, and wear slowly and evenly
- Perfectly stable and easy to get going on flat surfaces
- Deck has a good amount of flex and feels great when going downhill
- Board makes easy turns so you don’t lose your balance
- The wheels have a rounded lip that means they’re easier to break into slides with and will follow the rider naturally
- Loosen the kingpins out of the box to help improve turning ability
- Wooden texture shown on the bottom of the deck is not real wood
- If you want ridiculously long cruise distances, upgrade to better bearings
Atom 41 Inch Drop Through Longboard Best For
Carving downhill just got that much easier because you will have more control of the deck as your speed increases. Commuting around town will certainly take its toll on your feet. However, the Atom 41 Inch Drop Through Longboard reduces all the wear and tear on the body as you are pushing around the streets.
Here is how the Atom 41-Inch Drop Through Longboard will benefit riders making frequent turns. The Green Woody has a very unique perimeter shape. What this does is provide the rider almost 10 inches of leverage in each turn all the while helping to eliminate that wheel bite.
What Users Say About the Atom 41 Inch Drop Through Longboard
Although every rider has their own unique needs and skill level, there are plenty of people raving about this longboard. Here are a few of the comments that may help you get a better feel for the benefits of riding the Atom longboard.
- Don says, “You may need to loosen the trucks a little, especially if you want to carve. The grip and wood surface of the board is flexible and construction of the board doesn’t feel cheap.”
- Zach says, “This board is a good one to learn on because it is very stable and easy on the legs and feet to ride. I could ride it fairly well after about an hour.”
- Cbax says, “If you’re looking for a longboard as a beginner or intermediate rider, just add this one to your cart. No complaints here. Smooth, great quality, easy to ride when learning.”
Some riders are saying that the grip tape started separating after two total hours of riding. Truck mount screws use a metric sized hex screw, so it might become difficult to tighten if you have the wrong tools. Be sure to tighten everything before each ride.
Last update on 2021-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API