Yuneec E Go2 Electric Skateboard is the latest skateboard from Chinese company Yuneec, who is best known for its drones. This review will examine the main features and technical specifications of this electric model and its remote control, as well as highlight some of its pros and cons.
Furthermore, we will discuss what comes in the box and review what type of riders would most enjoy this Yuneec board. We will also look at what current riders are saying about this skateboard and what they like most and least.
Yuneec E Go2 Electric Skateboard Main Features
The 12 mm thick deck measures 35.8 x 9.45 inches. It is made of eight layers of composite wood which results in a flexible yet durable board. On top of that, Yuneec incorporated grip tape in its design to minimize slipping.
The Wheels and Trucks
The multi-cell battery is located on the underside of the deck. On top of that, it has a flexible battery casing that allows the deck to bend while riding.
There is an 8-mph slow mode for beginners and a 12.5-mph one for adrenaline lovers.
The Eco Mode has a lower acceleration curve that uses less battery power and provides a longer range. As for the Sport Mode, it offers a higher acceleration curve but consumes more power.
The E Go2 model has a regenerative braking system (RBS). This technology is capable of recycling power when you are braking. This is how the battery recharges.
The wireless controller is made of ABS plastic and weighs 2.11 ounces. There are four LED lights to indicate its battery level and it charges via USB cable.
Yuneec E Go2 Electric Skateboard Technical Specifications
- Range: 18 miles
- Top Speed: 12.5 mph
- Max Hill Incline: 10%
- Charging Time: battery – 3 to 5 hours; controller – 50 minutes
- Weight: 13.9 lbs.
- Maximum User Weight: 220 lbs.
- Battery: lithium ion; 7.8 AH capacity
- Motor: Brushless Direct Current, 400 W
Yuneec E Go2 Electric Skateboard Box Contents
The Yuneec E Go2 Electric Skateboard ships with the following items:
- Wireless controller
- Truck tool
- USB cable
- Battery charger
- Pin tool
Yuneec E Go2 Electric Skateboard Pros:
- The E-Go2 is lightweight and portable, making it easy to carry on public transportation and around campus.
- This model is very affordable.
- The 18-mile range is more than twice the range of some of the more expensive electric skateboards. Such a range of the Yuneec E Go2 Electric Skateboard allows you to travel all over town without having to recharge the battery. This is something that is not possible with the famous Boosted Board.
- The regenerative braking system stores energy while you are braking to recharge the battery. When using an electric skateboard in the city, you are always starting and stopping due to traffic or pedestrians. Each time you accelerate, you use more power and that power is lost when you brake. However, Yuneec’s battery technology employs the same concept that is used in electric cars and trains to recharge the battery when braking.
Yuneec E Go2 Electric Skateboard Cons:
- The E Go2’s 400-watt motor is smaller than more expensive electric skateboards. This can make Yuneec E Go2 Electric Skateboard feel sluggish and cause it to struggle when going up steep hills. It is not as fast as some of the other electric skateboards. Many users felt that the lack of speed takes away from the thrill of skating.
- Although the E Go2 model has a longer range than other electric skateboards, the battery charging time is also longer. Therefore, you cannot swap the battery like you can on the Inboard M1.
- As for its remote control, it is less responsive than other electric skateboards. As a result, Yuneec didn’t create a product as comfortable as the rounded Boosted Board remote.
The Yuneec E Go2 Electric Skateboard Is Best for:
- The E Go2 is recommended for riders 14 years and older with a body weight under 220 pounds.
- The lightweight design of the Yuneec E Go2 Electric Skateboard makes it a good option for riders who use an electric skateboard for utility purposes. Therefore, this is a good model for running errands or visiting friends and for riders who also utilize public transportation.
- The shape of the deck and the kicktail make the E Go2 ideal for riders who use an electric skateboard as part of their daily commute. On top of that, the kicktail gives the rider better steering and control.
- The E Go2 is also ideal for riders who like to carve.
What Users Are Saying About the Yuneec E Go2 Electric Skateboard
The grip tape on the deck of the E Go2 gets many positive reviews for being secure and firm and for keeping their feet in place. Users love the large wheels and the extra padding under the grip tape. They claim that both of these helps make the ride smoother.
Users agree that the E Go2 is fun to ride, and the range makes it a great option for everyday commuting or getting around campus. Some users have noted that it is easier than taking a bicycle on public transportation. The kick fin also gets positive reviews for helping with maneuverability.
Users also agree that the Yuneec E Go2 Electric Skateboard has a slower speed than other electric skateboards and that it can struggle going up hills. Several users reported that the bushings were too soft. A few users also noted that you have to turn the remote controller off and then back on in order to switch modes from Eco to Fast and vice versa.
The Yuneec E Go2 Electric Skateboard is a good option for riders looking for an affordable electric skateboard for everyday commuting and running errands. Please share any thoughts you have about the Yuneec E Go2 Electric Skateboard or provide any comments or advice you have for other riders.
Recommended Read: Best downhill longboards