If you are looking into grabbing a new skateboard and joining others who look to alternative transportation, our 5 recommendations for the best skateboard for beginners will help point you towards a few recommendations. These choices are sorted by price point beginning with the most expensive.
Skateboarding is a popular means of transportation, sport, and just plain enjoyment. They can be a great option for students who cannot drive yet, someone looking to get into a unique competitive sport, or a greener way to get to work. Alternative modes of transportation are especially attractive in neighborhoods with limited parking and areas with congested streets.
1. ENJOI Whitey Panda Complete Skateboard
Pro skater Marc Johnson created Enjoi for all levels of skateboarders. This model in particular can be the best skateboard for beginners choice for someone just starting out. The manufacturer scales the shape for young riders, and the board has a custom concave for more control. The manufacturer made it so that the board has softer bushing for easier turning, and it’s got an improved wheel formula for street and park.
Recommended for: Beginners, intermediate, adult, and child
- Custom concave giving the rider better control.
- Improved wheel formula for street and park.
- Softer brushing enables the skater easier turning.
- Colors: White
- Size: 7.75 x 31.2 inches
- Wheel base: 13.88inches
2. Powell Golden Dragon Flying Dragon 2 Complete Skateboard
- SIZED FOR SMALLER RIDERS - Powell Golden Dragon complete skateboards provide a high quality at an entry level price. They are the perfect first skateboard for beginners and a smart choice for price conscious advanced skaters.
- SPECIFICATIONS - Deck Length 28" // Deck Width 7" // Deck Nose 6.3" // Deck Tail 6" // Deck Wheelbase 11.5" // Shape: 191 // Concave: K16
- BACKED BY STEVE CABALLERO - "I believe these birch skateboards are perfect for beginners. You can't beat the quality and price."
- TRUSTED NAME IN SKATEBOARDS - All Powell-Peralta products come with a warranty against manufacturer defects
If you are looking for a skateboard at a reasonable price that is still high quality, the Powell Golden Dragon 2 is one you should consider. This best skateboard for beginners will give even the newest skaters the opportunity to experience the excitement that comes from doing tricks and smooth riding.
Recommended for: Beginners, street skating, child or adult, price conscious advanced skaters
- Endorsed by Steve Caballero as a high-quality best skateboard for beginners.
- High rebound polyurethane bushings make wheel revolutions smooth and easy.
- Wheels designed to give the rider exceptional grip and roll.
- Colors: Red, black, yellow dragon graphic
- Size: 7.5 x 31.625 inches (19.05 x 80.3 cm)
- Wheel base: 13.75 inches (34.9 cm)
3. Punisher Skateboards Samurai Complete Skateboard
- Complete high quality double kickboard skateboard deck made from 31.5" x 7.75" 7-ply Canadian Maple
- mild concave skateboard deck profile for superior control while riding, turning, and doing tricks
- Punisher abec-7 high speed wheel bearings. PE riser pads, and polyurethane cushions with Punisher skateboard deck logo printing. Punisher heavy-duty 5 inch alloy trucks & bases
- 50x30mm PU wheels with Punisher skateboard deck graphics
- Full color attractive graphics on one side and 80Ab heavy duty grip tape on the other. No assembly required
Punisher was established in 2008 and has made a name for themselves with their durable and high-quality boards. They have put heavy-duty pieces all over to make sure you get a smooth ride. Therefore, people can easily work the skate park with their tricks thanks to this lightweight deck. Top it off with colorful and highly artistic images that will identify with the individuality of each skater, and there is no doubt this is one of the best skateboard for beginners options around.
Recommended for: Beginners, advanced, and intermediate, skate park, street skating, child or adult
- Professional quality for all level skaters.
- Quality board with supreme pop, control, and speed.
- Punisher boards commission artists from all over the world to create designs for their decks making them spectacular to look at while on the move.
- Colors: Multi-color Punisher Skateboard Logo, 80AB Heavy Duty Grip Tape
- Size: 7.75 x 31.5 inches (19.7 x 80 cm)
- Wheel base: N/A
4. Krown Rookie Skateboard
Krown has been around since 1996 and strives to create boards that are budget-friendly but that can still deliver high quality. After 20 years in the industry, Krown has proven they can fill the price point gap and offer exactly what they intended by finding the best parts for the best price and then passing on their savings to new riders.
Recommended for: (Rookie) Beginners and intermediate, 5-13 years old
- Perfect for beginners who want something better quality than big box retailers options.
- Concave design gives beginners confidence by making tricks easier with a good pop.
- Bearings deliver a comfortable speed making this board good for beginners who do not want to speed right away.
- Colors: Bear, Bengal Tiger, or Wolf graphic all with black grip tape
- Size: 7.5 x 31 inches (19 x 78.74 cm)
- Wheel base: N/A
5. Landwalker Complete Banana Cruiser Galaxy Skateboard
If you are looking for a board for a little one, this is a great starter. Made of flexible polypropylene, it is lightweight and easy to control. On top of that, it is also smaller overall than what the market usually offers and has exciting light up wheels. All this makes it ideal for kids.
Recommended for: (Rookie) Younger riders due to small size (5-8 years old)
- Comes with a matching-tool for on the go adjustments.
- Lightweight and easy for children to transport.
- Handy hook for carrying and storage.
- Fun LED light up wheels.
- Colors: Black, black/green, blue, blue/red, coconut tree, graffiti, light purple, maple leaf, mint, red, red/blue, sakura, skull/red or blue, yellow
- Size: 6 x 22 inches (15.24 x 55.88 cm)
- Wheel base: N/A
If you are looking for the best skateboard for beginners, this list can help make recommendations based on level and age. No matter your choice, your rookie will surely love one of these choices to commute to school and get around, or to get into doing cool tricks. What other boards would you suggest for someone just learning to ride? Comments are appreciated below.
Recommended Read: Best Longboards for Beginners
Last update on 2021-07-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API